Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Has God made someone just for you?

I have seen many seem to believe this by using certain Genesis account. 
Did God made Eve just for Adam? 
Many people believe He did the same for each of us (single or married).

My life experience tells me there is not a missing rib, although my mind says this could be so.


What do you think?


Have you found the missing rib or piece?


The poll I thought is:


* Has God made someone for you?

* Have you been made for another person, in particular?
* Have you made an DNA test to prove it?
* How often have you found you are wrong (or the other person) in that match making?

*** Add anything you like (if you like)



P.S.        (Jul 22, 2013)


Although experience tells me there is no one I can say: “This is my flesh and bones”, my faith says God sees me and knows any human need (Gen. 2:18, 20).

While I was a pagan unbeliever I was promiscuous. Perhaps I met the best woman God could have sent, but I kicked her out while sinning with lust and cheating. I can say I met good women, but my concern was sex and not love: Some things cannot be made anew!
When I was young I was punctilious and despised some I considered fat or ugly… Today I´m the same, but I will not flirt with someone I don´t like: I hate lying! And try not to make a mistake twice. Do you like playing games?

Proverbs gives hopes when all seem to be practically gone (Prov. 18:22; 31:10). Prov. 19:14 is excellent when saying marriage belongs to God, no matter how materialistic the world made us to be. You can be rich, but money will not buy you a good spouse.
Have you read the love story of Ruth?
I wish I could hear a woman willing to say those words she said to Noemi (Ruth 1:16). That´s is an unconditional love bond. She showed an unselfish will to SERVE, and both were poor. Do you see?

I know of things like this. I know (and knew) of couples who decided to follow the other. Look at Ruth!
She was young, loving, and a foreigner willing to relocate. She wanted to serve her mother-in-law, another widow and aged woman. Have you seen one like that? We tend to live far from those in-laws.

Ruth was a thankful hard worker lady (Ruth 2:7, 10). Booz was a kind rich old man (with good sight) who wholeheartedly gave orders to let Ruth pick food from his field, as much as she needed (2:8) Have you done anything like this?

God is love! And He gives many his/her second chance.
Deep in me I know He always does the best.
Look at Tina Turner! She is as old as Booz and married a man like me (I hope the opposite case) He! He!
What has made Booz a nice looking man for many? It is just his money?
I guess he was kindhearted, fair (Ruth 3:12-13) and he expected nothing for helping others (No sex that night). I guess he was smart in his business and see he wanted Ruth instead of a piece of land (Ruth 4:3-5). He showed legal concern according to the law and Jewish traditions but, when dealing, he hid his heart from being hurt by others.

I would certainly love Ruth. There´s no need to share your chewing gun, but she is the kind of woman who shares her food (Ruth 2:14b, 18). Is not that loving?

 I would feel self-pity if someone comes to me for money (which I don´t have). I think Tina Turner has made a good choice after more than 15 years sharing with someone she liked, since at our age, we´re not plenty of hopes, like Booz (Ruth 3:10)

There are miracles!
God gives and takes, and we must admit we have failed by sinning and hurting others.
Twins may have some chromosomes in common, but our DNA made us to be unique, the ones we are. Does God help you to be you?  I guess so! He is sweet (sometimes not) and Ruth is a true model to learn from.

I could think of those who like to boast of their flag and nationality, but Ruth left family bonds, her roots for pure family love.

Jesus came from FOREIGNERS. Like those who moved from Sodom to somewhere else.

Jesus was not racist... Who am I to be?

I beg you to read Gal. 3:28.

Of course! You like what you like. I´d like a thin and short woman, same way you may like a big and rich man; but I am far from being perfect, far from being like Booz or Ruth.

I hope you find your second (or third) chance at this life.


A.T.

No comments: